1. DO YOU CHARGE FOR SHIPPING?
Shipping within India
Avishya.com offers free shipping for all prepaid orders above Rs. 2500 (per shipment) that are shipped to addresses within India. For prepaid orders less than Rs. 2500, shipping of Rs. 200 per order will be charged
In the case of Cash on Delivery (COD) orders, an additional Rs. 200 COD charges will be payable for each COD order. COD orders will be accepted for a maximum value of Rs.49,000 per order.
The order will be shipped to you fully insured. Please inspect the package for any damage or tampering before accepting the package or signing the receipt
Shipping outside India
Shipping Charges will be charged for shipping products outside India. The Actual rates will vary depending the country/location to which the products are shipped, product type/s, number of products in the cart and gross weight of products in cart.
International Shipping for a few countries is free for orders above Rs. 25,000
International consignments will be shipped to you full insured. Please inspect the package for any damage or tampering before accepting the package or signing the receipt
2. WHAT IS THE ESTIMATED SHIPPING / DELIVERY TIME
Most sarees and unstitched products listed on Avishya can be shipped within 7 business days (not including weekends and public holidays) from the date of order. For products which might take longer than 7 days, the estimated shipping days will be specifically mentioned on the product page. Stitched products like blouses, kurtas, etc will ship within 15 to 21 days
In some specific cases, sarees are made to order. This will be the case for some Hand Block printed sarees / material and sarees that are running on the loom. In these cases, the sarees will ship in 15 to 21 days
If your shipping address is within India, then the estimated delivery time is between 3 to 10 business days from the date of shipping
If your shipping address if located outside India, then the estimated delivery time is between 5 to 12 business days from the date of shipping
Estimated Delivery Times are indicative and are based on a large number of factors including several which are not under Avishya’s direct control. Therefore, the actual delivery time could get delayed. Avishya cannot be held responsible for delays on account of these external factors like customs clearances, human errors and force de majeure reasons like floods, natural calamities etc.
In the case of custom orders, the estimated shipping time will be informed to you and concurrence taken prior to accepting your order.
3. WHY DOES IT TAKE 7 DAYS TO SHIP THE PRODUCT? CAN'T YOU SHIP EARLIER?
That products that you purchase from Avishya are put together mostly by hand at various weaving centers / artisan villages located across India. On receipt of your order, the products have to be shipped from these locations to our office in Chennai. On arrival at the Avishya office they first go through quality checks by our Quality Assurance team before they are packed carefully, insured for safety and only then they are shipped to you. Hence we definitely need 7 days to ship the product to you
4. ARE THERE ANY CHARGES OVER AND ABOVE SHIPPING THAT I NEED TO PAY?
In addition to shipping cost, based on the law of the country of import, our carrier may need to get customs clearance for your goods before delivering them to you. Any additional taxes / import duties / customs charges levied by the country of import will be chargeable to the customer. The customer is liable to reimburse the carrier for any such taxes / import duties / customs charges paid on behalf of the customer to local customs authorities. A processing fee may also be payable to the carrier for rendering customs clearance service.
Similarly, in the case of shipments within India, Octroi or any other local taxes would be paid by the carrier and subsequently collected from the customer.
5. HOW DO I TRACK MY ORDER?
You will be receiving an order tracking e-mail as soon as we ship your product. This mail will contain details of the carrier and tracking number of your consignment and a link for tracking. You can use this link and visit the carrier’s website to track the status of the consignment (using your tracking number).
At any point of time, if you have questions on the status of your order, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us WhatsApp text at +91-98405-60853
6. WHAT SHOULD I CHECK WHEN THE PRODUCT IS DELIVERED TO ME?
Please check the following things before accepting delivery of the product
- Check if the packaging has been tampered with (all our consignments have an outer tamper proof packaging which if opened cannot be put back without visible tear marks)
- If the package arrives damaged or tampered, immediately take photographs of the damaged product / package and mail (email@example.com) or WhatsApp (98405 60853) the same to us within 24 hours, along with your name and order number
- It is the nature of all Handwoven / Handcrafted Products to have slight discolourations, knots, colour / texture variations and minor defects that will vary from product to product. Please rest assured that these variations do not alter the strength / stability of the product. If these variations alter the structural strength of the product, they would be rejected during our Quality Check Process. In fact, these colour / texture variations and knots are the hallmarks of handcrafted products and actually add to the unique looks and beauty of handloom/handmade products
- If you want to exchange or return a product either because you have received a damaged product or for some other reason, you will need to let us know within 24 hours of the date of delivery of the product
7. WHAT IF I RECEIVE A DAMAGED PRODUCT?
Our customer service team will get back to you within 1 or 2 days from date of receipt of the mail / Whatsapp on the next steps to initiate the exchange / return.
8. CAN I CANCEL AN ORDER?
Yes, you can cancel an order if you inform us within 12 hours of placing order, subject to you informing us before despatch of product. However there are some products and circumstances in which cancellations are not permitted
These include but is not limited to:
- Saris where the falls is stitched and / or blouse has been detached / tassels made as per your instructions
- Any custom tailored product (blouses, kurtas, salwars etc.)
- Readymade Blouses, Loungewear.
- Unstitched / semi stitched salwar suits which have been cut and partly / fully stitched by our tailors based on measurements / instructions given by you
9. WHAT IF I RECEIVE THE ORDER, AND WANT TO CANCEL IT AFTERWARDS?
Yes, it is possible to make a cancellation request after receiving the order, but only if the product received is damaged or defective. Cancellation requests will be processed subject to us being informed of the same within 24 hours of receipt of product and acceptance by Avishya's exchange / returns team.
10. IF MY CANCELLATION REQUEST IS ACCEPTED WHAT IS THE REFUND PROCESS?
If your cancellation request is accepted by us, the refund process will vary depending on the original payment method used by you for placing the order. The following are the methods by which refunds will be made for different payment instruments:
- Credit Card: The Credit card account of the customer shall be re-credited with the refund amount by Avishya.com. The refund amount will be credited to the customer’s account within the time span stipulated by the bank that has issued the credit card. Usually the time taken for this is 7 to 14 days depending on the card used.
- Check or Net Banking (from an account within India): The refund amount shall be deposited into the bank account of the customer by Avishya.com within seven (7) business days after the receipt of the refund request by the customer
- Refunds are not possible in the following cases, i) payments made from Accounts outside India viz. Wire Transfers, Check Payments, etc. and ii) Cash payments made for COD orders (cash on delivery). In these cases, refunds are not possible because they are against Indian Regulations so we will issue a credit note to the buyer for a value equal to value of the order less transaction and restocking fees (if any).