What customer information does Avishya.com collect?
- Your contact details such as customer name, email address, Avishya.com account password, phone number and shipping address
- Your previous orders and transactions including the product and pricing details, the date of purchase, payment history, etc.
- Your session log information on our site which includes your navigation within the website, source of traffic, IP address (from which we can approximately determine your location), browser type, device type, operating system date of request, etc.
- Third party sign-in information shared on our website such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
- Information from optional online surveys on our or third party sites (posted by avishya.com) which may include demographic information (like gender, age, income) as well as product and service preferences of users.
- Email communication by any user or customer directly with avishya.com such as a product enquiry, order and transaction related information, disputes or complaints, etc.
- Avishya.com DOES NOT hold (or) store your banking details such as credit card number, cardholder name, expiration date and CVV or other information as required for internet banking or other payment instruments. This information is held by our various payment gateway partners (PayU, Razor Pay, Paypal etc.). All our partners are “Verisign secured” and “PCI-Compliant” Gateways. Therefore, your information is assured of the highest standards of safety and security.
How does Avishya.com use customer information?
Avishya.com does not allow any unauthorized persons or organizations to use any information that Avishya.com may collect from you through the website. However, Avishya.com is not responsible for any information collected or shared or used by any other third party website due to your browser settings.\
- We only collect user / customer information as required to conduct our business and to enable us to provide the best services to our customers. We do not rent or sell our customer information
- Information collected from you will be used as follows
- Customer Information will be shared with our subsidiaries, affiliates and partners who are involved in delivering the products /services offered in our website to you
- We use some of the user information given by you to understand customer behavior and thus offer products / services that are more relevant to you
- Information obtained from users will also be used in an aggregated form to create reports and compile demographic profiles for our business & marketing activities
- To inform you about your order and shipping status, deals, new launches, information about the products you have purchased and other promotional /informational content. You have the option to opt out of all such services except for order related information
- We also use session logs & traffic flow information to understand how users are interacting with our website. This will also be used by us to understand customer preferences, buying patterns and behaviour at an aggregate level
- We will need to use user information as required in case of legal disputes or other legal processes: to comply with any statutory or regulatory requirements, detect and protect against error, fraud and other criminal or illegal activity; prevent abuse of our services and prevent violation of rights of third parties, other users or the general public
- We have implemented Google Analytics features based on Display Advertising (Google Display Network Impression Reporting, Doubleclick Campaign Manager Integration and Google Analytics Demographics & Interest Reporting). Visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings
- We, along with third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to report how our ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our site.
- Avishya.com provides all users with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving non-essential communications from us on behalf of our partners, and from us in general, after setting up an account. To remove your contact information from Avishya.com, please write to us at email@example.com
- Questions regarding this statement should be directed to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the address below to request deletion.
Sharing Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
- We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads]
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Using Personal Information
We use your personal Information to provide our services to you, which includes: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfillment of your order, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
- Your consent;
- The performance of the contract between you and the Site;
- Compliance with our legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests;
- To perform a task carried out in the public interest;
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
When you place an order through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to erase this information. For more information on your right of erasure, please see the ‘Your rights’ section below.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling), when that decision-making has a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you.
We Do Not engage in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data.
Our processor Shopify uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- Temporary denylist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This denylist persists for a small number of hours.
- Temporary denylist of credit cards associated with denylisted IP addresses. This denylist persists for a small number of days.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through email at email@example.com
Your Personal Information will be initially processed in Ireland and then will be transferred outside of Europe for storage and further processing, including to Canada and the United States. For more information on how data transfers comply with the GDPR, see Shopify’s GDPR Whitepaper: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/privacy/GDPR.
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you (also known as the ‘Right to Know’), to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below [OR INSERT ALTERNATIVE INSTRUCTIONS FOR SENDING ACCESS, ERASURE, CORRECTION, AND PORTABILITY REQUESTS].
If you would like to designate an authorized agent to submit these requests on your behalf, please contact us at the address below.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
We use the following cookies to optimize your experience on our Site and to provide our services.
Cookies Necessary for the Functioning of the Store
|_ab||Used in connection with access to admin.|
|_secure_session_id||Used in connection with navigation through a storefront.|
|cart||Used in connection with shopping cart.|
|cart_sig||Used in connection with checkout.|
|cart_ts||Used in connection with checkout.|
|checkout_token||Used in connection with checkout.|
|secret||Used in connection with checkout.|
|secure_customer_sig||Used in connection with customer login.|
|storefront_digest||Used in connection with customer login.|
|_shopify_u||Used to facilitate updating customer account information.|
Reporting and Analytics
|_landing_page||Track landing pages|
|_orig_referrer||Track landing pages|
|_shopify_sa_p||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.|
|_shopify_sa_t||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.|
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioural Advertising” section above.
Do Not Track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at [email address] or by mail using the details provided below:
Avishya Trading Pvt. Ltd, Apex Plaza - 3rd Floor, No. 3, Nungambakkam High Road, Chennai - 600034, Tamil Nadu, IndiaLast updated: 14-Feb-2023
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection authority. You can contact your local data protection authority, or our supervisory authority here: [ADD CONTACT INFORMATION OR WEBSITE FOR THE DATA PROTECTION AUTHORITY IN YOUR JURISDICTION. FOR EXAMPLE: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/]